23 December 2005
WFP, the UN High Commissioner for Refugees and the Government of Zambia appeal for US$8.5 million to provide food aid for up to 82,000 Angolan and Congolese refugees in Zambia facing an imminent ration cut of 50 percent.
23 November 2005
As the “hungry season” between harvests in southern Africa moves into its harshest phase, WFP welcomes the latest generous American donation of food for the region’s most vulnerable people.
28 October 2005
13 October 2005
9 September 2005
31 August 2005
Soaring maize prices in several southern African countries are causing WFP serious concern as it struggles to provide food to the most needy people while faced with a huge funding shortfall.
15 August 2005
Johannesburg WFP applauds the United States for making an early and generous donation of more than US$50 million to the agency\'s feeding programmes in southern Africa where more than 10 million people are in urgent need of food assistance.
6 August 2005
Rome - WFP heralds the announcement by President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair of a major push to save millions of people on the brink of famine in the Horn of Africa and the victims of humanitarian crises elsewhere in Africa. The announcement at the White House brings the United States\' funding for humanitarian emergencies in Africa to more than US$2 billion, and the United Kingdom\'s support to some US$300 million.
7 July 2005
Johannesburg - More than 10 million people will need humanitarian assistance in six countries across southern Africa over the coming year following yet another year of poor agricultural production caused by erratic weather together with late, and in some cases unaffordable inputs, such as fertilizer and seeds, two UN agencies and the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) warn.
30 June 2005
United Nations, New York With one African in three malnourished, the prevalence of hunger is an accurate barometer for the level of social instability in the continent, warned WFP Executive Director James T. Morris.
- Interpreting World Food Day Source: Times of Zambia
- Community Schools: Narrowing illiteracy Source: Times of Zambia
- Zambia can lead region in mitigating malnutrition, says UN local boss Source: Zam Net (Zambia)
- WFP to spend $16m on social protection Source: The Post Newspapers Zambia
- Zambia, Brazil to end hunger Source: Zambia Daily Mail
- 11 October 2012 First Lady of Zambia Dr. Christine Kaseba Sata
- 15 December 2011 Small Scale Farmers Taking Farming As Serious Business
- 22 November 2011 Food Relief for Refugees in Zambia