24 May 2005
Lusaka - HIV/AIDS and poor weather have combined to drive many Zambians already struggling to cope with chronic poverty, food insecurity and an ever increasing number of orphans to the limit, requiring a significant increase in international assistance over the year ahead, says James T. Morris, the UN Secretary General\'s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa.
10 April 2005
WFP and FAO welcome an extremely generous 140 million rand (US$21.5 million) contribution from the Republic of South Africa to the agencies’ operations in southern Africa.
11 January 2005
21 October 2004
Brussels - WFP today launched an appeal for US$404 million to support a monthly average of 1.5 million people in five southern African countries ravaged by the "triple threat" of food shortages, high HIV/AIDS rates and weakened capacity for governance.
12 July 2004
Lusaka - WFP announces plans to dramatically increase the amount of food aid purchased in Zambia - as long as there is another substantial surplus in 2005.
- Interpreting World Food Day Source: Times of Zambia
- Community Schools: Narrowing illiteracy Source: Times of Zambia
- Zambia can lead region in mitigating malnutrition, says UN local boss Source: Zam Net (Zambia)
- WFP to spend $16m on social protection Source: The Post Newspapers Zambia
- Zambia, Brazil to end hunger Source: Zambia Daily Mail
- 11 October 2012 First Lady of Zambia Dr. Christine Kaseba Sata
- 15 December 2011 Small Scale Farmers Taking Farming As Serious Business
- 22 November 2011 Food Relief for Refugees in Zambia