11 June 2009
Poor households all over the developing world are eating fewer and less nutritious meals and many are cutting back on healthcare and schooling for children, according to new WFP research on the effects of the financial crisis. Read WFP call to G8 ministers
26 July 2007
WFP has warmly welcomed its first ever contribution of food from the Zambian government, a donation of 10,000 metric tons of maize worth US$2.5 million that will allow hundreds of thousands of vulnerable Zambians to keep receiving crucial food assistance beyond September.
8 December 2006
James T. Morris, the U.N. Special Envoy for Southern Africa, on Saturday praised the Government of Malawi, UN agencies, and non-government organizations (NGOs) for helping to stave off food crises in the last few years but urged all actors to now embrace other challenges facing the country.
29 June 2006
HIV/AIDS is aggravating chronic hunger in southern Africa and despite better harvests across the region, more than three million people will remain short of basic food supplies through to December.
13 March 2006
22 December 2005
While much of the rest of the world feasts over the holiday season, more than nine million southern Africans face an uncertain future in 2006 because WFP lacks the funding to deliver enough food aid to the hungriest in the region.
2 November 2005
28 October 2005
5 September 2005
24 May 2005
Lusaka, 24 May 2005 - HIV/AIDS and poor weather have combined to drive many Zambians already struggling to cope with chronic poverty, food insecurity and an ever increasing number of orphans to the limit, requiring a significant increase in international assistance over the year ahead, said James T. Morris, the UN Secretary General's Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa.
- Interpreting World Food Day Source: Times of Zambia
- Community Schools: Narrowing illiteracy Source: Times of Zambia
- Zambia can lead region in mitigating malnutrition, says UN local boss Source: Zam Net (Zambia)
- WFP to spend $16m on social protection Source: The Post Newspapers Zambia
- Zambia, Brazil to end hunger Source: Zambia Daily Mail
- 11 October 2012 First Lady of Zambia Dr. Christine Kaseba Sata
- 15 December 2011 Small Scale Farmers Taking Farming As Serious Business
- 22 November 2011 Food Relief for Refugees in Zambia