15 February 2007
WFP has said a WFP-chartered helicopter had started rescue and food delivery missions in central Mozambique where the worst flooding in years has forced an estimated 85,000 people to flee their homes.
8 January 2007
WFP has announced that it plans to provide assistance to up to 3.3 million Zimbabweans facing severe food shortages over the next eight months, and called on donors to contribute urgently towards the US$118 million cost of its massively expanded aid operation.
13 December 2006
The future of southern Africa is dependent upon governments in the region halting the effects of HIV/AIDS and ensuring orphans receive good nutrition, education and care, said James T. Morris, the U.N. Secretary-General’s Special Envoy for Humanitarian Needs in Southern Africa.
30 November 2006
WFP has announced that unless it receives new contributions urgently it will be forced to halt food distributions to 90,000 orphans and vulnerable children in Namibia by the second half of December because of a critical shortage of funding.
28 June 2006
WFP has warned that despite better harvests across southern Africa, more than three million people will remain short of food because of chronic vulnerability caused by grinding poverty and the world’s highest rates of HIV/AIDS.
2 February 2006
23 November 2005
As the “hungry season” between harvests in southern Africa moves into its harshest phase, WFP welcomes the latest generous American donation of food for the region’s most vulnerable people.
21 November 2005
At the Italian launch of the AIDS Epidemic Update 2005, UNAIDS, WFP and the Italian Government underline the crucial role of prevention and good nutrition in the fight against AIDS, particularly in Africa.
13 October 2005
9 September 2005
- Africa food crisis: UK pledges £35m to Malawi and Zimbabwe Source: BBC News
- 1.4 Million Zimbabweans Receiving WFP Food Aid Source: VOA News
- Grim food security outlook for Zimbabwe Source: IRIN News
- More than 1.5 million Zimbabweans need food: WFP Source: UN Radio
- Zimbabweans Brace for Bleak Holidays Source: AP/ABC News
- 27 September 2013 One Family's Struggle After Poor Harvest In Zimbabwe
- 2 August 2013 Zimbabwe: Helping People Help Themselves
- 12 April 2013 Zimbabwe Food for Assets - Part Two
- 10 April 2013 Zimbabwe Food for Assets Part One