2 February 2006
23 November 2005
As the “hungry season” between harvests in southern Africa moves into its harshest phase, WFP welcomes the latest generous American donation of food for the region’s most vulnerable people.
21 November 2005
At the Italian launch of the AIDS Epidemic Update 2005, UNAIDS, WFP and the Italian Government underline the crucial role of prevention and good nutrition in the fight against AIDS, particularly in Africa.
13 October 2005
9 September 2005
31 August 2005
Soaring maize prices in several southern African countries are causing WFP serious concern as it struggles to provide food to the most needy people while faced with a huge funding shortfall.
18 August 2005
Brussels - WFP welcomes a cash donation of five million euros from Belgium which will allow the agency to provide urgently needed food to the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Niger, Mali, South Sudan, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
15 August 2005
Johannesburg WFP applauds the United States for making an early and generous donation of more than US$50 million to the agency\'s feeding programmes in southern Africa where more than 10 million people are in urgent need of food assistance.
6 August 2005
Rome - WFP heralds the announcement by President George W. Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair of a major push to save millions of people on the brink of famine in the Horn of Africa and the victims of humanitarian crises elsewhere in Africa. The announcement at the White House brings the United States\' funding for humanitarian emergencies in Africa to more than US$2 billion, and the United Kingdom\'s support to some US$300 million.
7 July 2005
Johannesburg - More than 10 million people will need humanitarian assistance in six countries across southern Africa over the coming year following yet another year of poor agricultural production caused by erratic weather together with late, and in some cases unaffordable inputs, such as fertilizer and seeds, two UN agencies and the Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) warn.
- Zimbabwe: WFP Director Appeals for Funding Source: The Herald (Zimbabwe)
- Africa food crisis: UK pledges £35m to Malawi and Zimbabwe Source: BBC News
- 1.4 Million Zimbabweans Receiving WFP Food Aid Source: VOA News
- Grim food security outlook for Zimbabwe Source: IRIN News
- More than 1.5 million Zimbabweans need food: WFP Source: UN Radio
- 13 March 2015 Food Assistance Rescues Hungry Villagers In Zimbabwe
- 5 March 2015 Food For Assets in Zimbabwe
- 20 December 2013 Hungry Months Ahead in Zimbabwe
- 27 September 2013 One Family's Struggle After Poor Harvest In Zimbabwe