13 March 2009
Thirty million people assisted, 30 years of cooperation, US$30 million in donations - a photo exhibition held in Beijing offered a graphic chronicle of WFP's collaboration with the Chinese government in the fight against hunger and poverty.
25 February 2009
Thousands of cholera patients and their caregivers in treatment centres across Zimbabwe are now benefiting from WFP food, which helps them fight the deadly disease.
24 February 2009
The food situation in Zimbabwe has deteriorated more drastically than expected – due to worsening economic conditions, the cash crisis and also because the government did not import as much food as anticipated.
30 January 2009
It is the lean season in Zimbabwe – the last few months before harvests arrive in April – and hunger levels are reaching a peak. WFP is targeting more than 5 million hungry people.
11 November 2008
Zimbabwe, 11 November 2008 - WFP distributed 29,000 tons of food to around 2 million vulnerable people across Zimbabwe in October – the first month of large-scale distributions.
9 October 2008
It’s been a long time since Sabath Musiiwa had anything to smile about. But now – after months of increasing hunger and despair – Sabath pats the sack she is sitting on and suddenly starts to laugh.
1 September 2008
WFP welcomes the lifting of a ban on NGO activities in Zimbabwe and will immediately begin scaling up its food assistance operations across the country.
12 December 2007
Nicole Menage, chief of WFP’s food procurement service, talks to web writer Michelle Hough about a little-known fact: WFP bought over three-quarters of its food in 2006 in developing countries.
11 December 2007
Countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
31 August 2007
WFP hs welcomed major US government contributions for August totaling US$69 million, aimed at feeding people in seven countries confronting humanitarian challenges ranging from severe drought to civil conflict.
- Zimbabwe: WFP Director Appeals for Funding Source: The Herald (Zimbabwe)
- Africa food crisis: UK pledges £35m to Malawi and Zimbabwe Source: BBC News
- 1.4 Million Zimbabweans Receiving WFP Food Aid Source: VOA News
- Grim food security outlook for Zimbabwe Source: IRIN News
- More than 1.5 million Zimbabweans need food: WFP Source: UN Radio
- 20 December 2013 Hungry Months Ahead in Zimbabwe
- 27 September 2013 One Family's Struggle After Poor Harvest In Zimbabwe
- 2 August 2013 Zimbabwe: Helping People Help Themselves
- 12 April 2013 Zimbabwe Food for Assets - Part Two