31 August 2007
WFP hs welcomed major US government contributions for August totaling US$69 million, aimed at feeding people in seven countries confronting humanitarian challenges ranging from severe drought to civil conflict.
1 August 2007
WFP thanked Japan for a generous US$26 million donation from the Government of Japan to assist millions of vulnerable people affected by conflict and natural disasters in seven countries, mainly in Africa.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
18 July 2007
WFP today welcomed a US$3.3 million (CDN$3.5 million) donation from the Government of Canada, which will help the agency scale up its operations in response to the looming food crisis in Zimbabwe.
6 July 2007
Ten countries where violence persists and populations live in fear. People in Hunger's Global Hotspots don't know what tomorrow will bring and they often have to rely on WFP for their next meal.
4 July 2007
In regions wracked by violence or submerged by floods, the first emergency is how to deliver enough food as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here are some of the crises counted among WFP's "global hotspots".
31 January 2007
Despite China’s rapid economic growth and India’s healthy democracy, you could say that there’s one area where Africa beats the Asian giants: in the famine stakes. Dr Stephen Devereux, editor of the book “The New Famines” (Routledge 2006) talks to WFP web writer Michelle Hough about why Africa is on the frontline of the chronic hunger battle.
29 June 2006
HIV/AIDS is aggravating chronic hunger in southern Africa and despite better harvests across the region, more than three million people will remain short of basic food supplies through to December.
22 December 2005
While much of the rest of the world feasts over the holiday season, more than nine million southern Africans face an uncertain future in 2006 because WFP lacks the funding to deliver enough food aid to the hungriest in the region.
28 October 2005
- Zimbabwe: WFP Director Appeals for Funding Source: The Herald (Zimbabwe)
- Africa food crisis: UK pledges £35m to Malawi and Zimbabwe Source: BBC News
- 1.4 Million Zimbabweans Receiving WFP Food Aid Source: VOA News
- Grim food security outlook for Zimbabwe Source: IRIN News
- More than 1.5 million Zimbabweans need food: WFP Source: UN Radio
- 13 March 2015 Food Assistance Rescues Hungry Villagers In Zimbabwe
- 5 March 2015 Food For Assets in Zimbabwe
- 20 December 2013 Hungry Months Ahead in Zimbabwe
- 27 September 2013 One Family's Struggle After Poor Harvest In Zimbabwe