EQAS is the 'how-to' of evaluation and quality standards. It is an integral part of WFP's Evaluation Policy 2008 and has two objectives:
- To improve the credibility and utility of evaluations.
- To facilitate lessons learning from evaluations across WFP
EQAS was developed using the knowledge of three major evaluation networks:
- United Nations Evaluation Group (UNEG)
- Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance (ALNAP)
- Evaluation Net of the OECD/DAC
and incorporated common practice among evaluation practitioners. These standards and practices were adapted to WFP's context.
EQAS provides guidance on
- each step in the evaluation process to ensure transparency and a systematic way of working across evaluation teams;
- the structure of evaluation reports to ensure comprehensive coverage of the evaluation subject and systematic, comparable reporting;
- expected quality standards, including criteria for quality assurance.
The Evaluation Support documents provide additional supporting documents to help evaluation managers and evaluation teams.
Evaluation Quality Assurance System for Strategic Evaluations - Guidance Materials
Evaluation Quality Assurance System for Policy Evaluations - Guidance Materials
Evaluation Quality Assurance System for Country Portfolio Evaluations - Guidance Materials
Evaluation Quality Assurance System for Impact Evaluations - Guidance Materials