A traditional dance being performed at Lubutu airstrip
Copyright: WFP/Djaounsede Pardon Madjiangar
In DRC's Lubutu Territory, the rehabilitation of an airstrip has brought hope to local people as well as to humanitarian aid workers. After 20 years of isolation, Lubutu was at last connected to the rest of the world in June, allowing WFP to provide safe and reliable air transport to humanitarian aid workers in the area.
- 22 July 2014 Searching for Safety in Democratic Republic of Congo
- 27 June 2014 WFP Calling: What Did You Eat Today?
- 10 June 2014 Supporting Victims Of Sexual Violence In DR Congo
- 6 June 2014 How WFP, FAO And IFAD Fight Hunger in D.R. Congo
- 13 March 2014 Refugees From CAR Spill Into Neighbouring Congo
- 7 March 2014 Food Assistance to CAR Refugees in Northern DRC
- 4 December 2013 WFP Forced To Cut Food Assistance In DR Congo
- 3 December 2013 Thousands Forced From Homes In South Irumu, DR Congo