Margueritte Simba at a WFP food distribution point near Pweto.
Copyright: WFP/David Orr
In what has been called DRC's forgotten crisis, tens of thousands of people have been driven from their homes by violence in a remote part of Katanga province. The UN World Food Programme has been working hard to assist these displaced people since the start of last year but there are many challenges - insecurity, poor roads and lack of resources.
- 22 April 2013 Land of Bounty in South East of DRC
- 3 January 2013 Families In DR Congo Return Home As Violence Subsides
- 22 December 2012 Home After The Fighting In Eastern DR Congo
- 11 December 2012 Howard G. Buffett Foundation & WFP: Helping DRC's Conflict Displaced
- 4 December 2012 High Energy Biscuits airlift for DRC
- 28 November 2012 DRC: Feeding The Hungry In A Conflict Zone
- 27 November 2012 Food In Times Of Turmoil In Eastern DRC
- 26 November 2012 DRC: Displaced Woman Buys Local Food With WFP Vouchers
- 20 November 2012 "There Is Gunfire All Around Us," Says WFP Staffer In DR Congo