2 July 2015
WFP and the Government of Ecuador have worked together for many years to address food and nutrition insecurity facing vulnerable Ecuadorians and Colombian refugees. Since 2011, the focus of the collaborative work has been to improve access to and promotion of consumption of healthy foods, especially locally produced fresh fruits and vegetables.This two-page document summarizes a case study published in May 2015
7 May 2015
The Ecuador 2014 Annual Report focuses on the impact of WFP’s assistance in people’s lives. Farmers, storekeepers and participants in WFP projects describe their experiences with WFP in their own words.
WFP works in Ecuador in support of the Government's priorities to:
• Diversify diets to improve nutrition
• Provide opportunities for and strengthen small farmer associations
• Empower women so that they play a stronger role in their homes and communities
• Strengthen capacities at all levels: people, communities, and institutions.
19 February 2015
24 April 2014
WFP’s role in Ecuador includes strengthening capacities and becoming a learning office. As generating evidence and informing public policy is a stated priority of the Government of Ecuador, and a recognized role for the international cooperation, WFP works with local governments to understand the underlying causes of hunger and malnutrition and the capacities that exist to address the main determinants of malnutrition.
Recent efforts in knowledge generation include:
• On-the-job learning to allow for innovation and understanding of what works in different contexts;
• Exchanging of experiences with partners and beneficiaries to identify how WFP can improve activities on an ongoing basis; and
• Learning from rigorous studies and impact evaluations, conducted jointly with respected research institutions.
The 2013 Ecuador Annual Report highlights lessons and learning, but also results as WFP works with the Government of Ecuador to make malnutrition a visible issue at the top of public policy agendas.
- 15 October 2014 WFP And The EU: Pushing For Zero Hunger Together
- 26 September 2014 Refugees Don't Need to Worry about Their Next Meal
- 25 April 2014 Charley Anderson sings for women’s rights in Ecuador