WFP food assistance is transported by boat to Soalala, a remote district affected by cyclone Hellen in early April.
Copyright: WFP/Christian Razafimahatratra
Soalala, Madagascar - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) has been providing assistance to some 5,000 cyclone-affected people in the north-west of the island. Getting food and other humanitarian assistance to remote areas is challenging but the expertise of the WFP-led Logistics Cluster, supported by an emergency cash grant of US$ 70,000 from the UN Office Coordinating Humanitarian Affairs, made it possible.
- 27 November 2013 European Union Helps School Meals In Madagascar
- 20 November 2013 Cash for Work Produces Smiles in Madagascar
- 12 September 2012 Hungry Planet: Episode 19
- 8 August 2012 Japanese Donation Arrives In Madagascar
- 24 February 2012 Helping Victims Of Giovanna In Madagascar
- 12 April 2011 Cyclone response
- 20 November 2009 Climate and Hunger in Madagascar
|Beneficiary needs (mt)||34,514|
|Beneficiary needs ($US)||28,407,033|