From l-r: WFP Representative Helmut W. Rauch, the Private Secretary to the President for International Affairs Mohamed M. Lashtar, Saudi Arabia’s Ambassador to Mexico Hussein M. Alassiri, the Vice Minister of Education José Treminio, and students of the “Rigoberto López Pérez” Elementary School. Copyright: WFP/Jorge Areas
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) received a valuable contribution from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia under the guidance of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah Bin Abdulaziz Al Saud to feed 151.000 Nicaraguan school children. The contribution of 136 Metric Tons of dates will complement the meals children receive through the School Feeding Programme.
- 4 November 2013 Nicaragua: Women Celebrate World Food Day
- 25 October 2013 Nicaragua: Preparing for the Next Emergency
- 10 October 2013 Nicaraguans Celebrate Their Corn’s National Identity
- 10 September 2013 Saudi Arabia Supports School Feeding in Nicaragua
- 10 September 2013 Nicaragua: Health Ministry and WFP Celebrate Breastfeeding Fair
- 30 August 2013 School Meals Reach All Nicaraguan School Children