Cousins Melody Rapatan (left) and Venice Crisologo (right) smile as they collect their food assistance from DSWD and WFP, received on time thanks to USAID/OFDA’s logistics support.
Photo credit: WFP Philippines/Anthony Chase Lim
Providing timely assistance after a humanitarian emergency is one of the World Food Programme's (WFP) main goals. With the support of the United States Agency for International Development Office of U.S. Foreign Disaster Assistance (USAID/OFDA), WFP was able to preposition food in strategic areas around the country before Typhoon Hagupit made landfall.
- 12 November 2014 Philippines: A Year After Typhoon Haiyan
- 11 September 2014 Philippines: Moving Forward After Typhoon Haiyan
- 8 September 2014 Philippines: After The Bohol Earthquake
- 3 September 2014 Typhoon Bopha: On the Road to Recovery
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 26 August 2014 Philippines: The Fish Pen That Changed Lives
- 23 June 2014 Philippines: The Faces of Zamboanga
- 3 December 2013 Philippines:The Logistics Of The Haiyan Response
- 23 December 2014 DSWD & WFP Join To Strengthen Disaster Preparedness And Response In Philippines
- 17 December 2014 Philippines: Timely Support Appreciated
- 17 December 2014 Philippines: What Makes Diana Enciso Smile Despite Typhoon Hagupit