Partner with us
The World Food Programme (WFP) is always looking to collaborate with NGOs that share our philosophy and goals, from organizations skilled in distribution, monitoring or early warning activities to those working in food-security assessments, advocacy for food and nutrition-related issues, or local coordination of food-security activities.
Working together ensures that our efforts are not duplicated and that we use our resources in a complementary way. By speaking with a common voice, we can be better advocates for the communities we serve.
How we partner with NGOs
Depending on the type of partnership arrangement, NGOs partnering with WFP fall into four main categories:
- Capability partners – support the design and implementation of programmes and operations
- Resource partners – provide human, financial and technical resources
- Knowledge partners – contribute information, evaluation and analysis
- Advocacy partners – support advocacy for Zero Hunger
A Field-Level Agreement (FLA) is the main agreement used in all types of NGO partnership arrangements. It is used in all circumstances where NGOs handle WFP resources or implement activities on WFP's behalf. An FLA promotes global consistency in the partnership cycle and gives both parties the assurance that their interests are protected by law.
Find out more
The general conditions and all annexes constitute a Field Level Agreement between WFP and the NGO partner.
Four sets of Special Conditions are provided to regulate activities related to different tools or modalities of assistance:
- Annex 1-A: Food Distribution and Related Activities (English I French I Spanish I Arabic)
- Annex 1-B: Cash Distribution Activities (English I French I Spanish I Arabic)
- Annex 1-C: Vouchers Monetization (English I French I Spanish I Arabic)
- Annex 1-D: Implementation and Monitoring of Cash and Vouchers Activities (English I French I Spanish I Arabic)
FLA Budget Template
FLA Guidance Material
Emergency Field Level Agreement (e-FLA)
The added value of working with NGOs is most evident in large-scale emergencies. In order to provide immediate assistance to those in need, engaging with and contracting available NGO partners is a top priority. To facilitate the fastest possible response, the Emergency FLA format has been developed.
On the activation of a WFP Level-3 or Level-2 sudden-onset emergency, the e-FLA may be used for a maximum period of three months.
Download the documents:
- Emergency FLA: Main Agreement and Plan of Operations (Annex 3)
- Emergency FLA: Budget template (Annex 4)
- Emergency FLA: Annex 1 - General Conditions
- Special Conditions
- Emergency FLA: Guidance for Use