We asked Morris, our September Online Intern, what he thought were the top 5 reasons students should care about hunger.
Here's what he came up with:
- There are 66 million kids in the world going to school hungry every day. This is a statistic that should get every young person in the world wanting to do something to fix this.
- As young people we cannot afford to take a ride to the future with our backs turned to the issues. We have to get in the engine room now and get involved in the fixing. If we are the generation that will end hunger I think it is vital we start engaging with the issue now.
- Because right now as young people we have the capacity to do so much with our time and energy. We are all so empowered and full of vitality: if we channel our energy and time into things that are going to mean a lot to our future, the sky is the limit with what we can achieve.
- Because hunger and malnutrition are the number one risk to health worldwide, greater than AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis combined.
- Because we are needed in the fight against hunger and poverty so it is about time we shout about Hunger!