9 March 2009
Hundreds of families on Gonaives, on Haiti's west coast, lost everything when a series of hurricanes hit Haiti last September. As they rebuild their lives, many rely on feeding centres that use WFP food.
6 March 2009
Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, droughts… nothing anyone can do will prevent them. But a lot can be done to reduce their impact – especially if there’s an early warning.
17 December 2008
From start to finish, 2008 was one of the most challenging in the World Food Programme’s history. The impact of high food prices, followed by the global financial downtown have placed extra strains on WFP’s work, and the lives of the almost 100 million people we aim to feed next year.
28 October 2008
WFP has now provided food to more than half a million victims following the series of deadly cyclones and tropical storms that battered the island of Haiti last month.
29 September 2008
Gonaives was devastated by recent tropical storms and flooding but WFP and its partners are helping the community get back on its feet.
8 September 2008
WFP has sent a first airlift of humanitarian food aid to Cuba from the Regional Humanitarian Response Centre, based in the International Airport of El Salvador.
8 September 2008
WFP is sending a steady stream of food and humanitarian supplies by air and sea to the devastated port city of Gonaives and to the storm-battered southern and western areas of Haiti.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
14 February 2007
From Afghanistan to Haiti, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these crisis hotspots with WFP's operation update.
9 November 2006
Laughter and nutritious food through WFP's school feeding help Haiti's schoolchildren face life in the poorest country in the western hemisphere. Anne Poulsen looks at the work of "Clowns Without Borders".
- Haiti: 5 years after earthquake, UN warns progress threatened by poverty, inequality Source: UN News Centre
- Aid workers distribute food in Haiti as nation struggles with drought Source: The Toronto Star
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- 26 May 2014 Haiti: Partnering for Progress