16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
18 September 2007
WFP has announced a US$1.1 million purchase of 4,000 metric tons of locally grown wheat in Hirat, Afghanistan, as a way of overcoming continuing security problems hampering food deliveries, while at the same time supporting poor Afghan farmers.
22 June 2007
WFP warns that continuing security problems are hampering operations in some parts of Afghanistan, especially in the west of the country where food stocks are running short and thousands of the most vulnerable people may soon see critical food supplies curtailed or interrupted.
12 June 2007
WFP Executive Director condemns the killing of a truck driver in Afghanistan, Ezatollah, while delivering WFP humanitarian assistance on 2 December in one of the most dangerous parts of the country. His assistant was abducted and remains missing.
25 May 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme today condemned a series of armed attacks and looting of WFP food trucks, mainly in the south and west of Afghanistan and said it is working with the authorities to step up security measures.
4 May 2007
Within hours of the first reports of devastating spring floods reaching the Afghan capital, WFP accelerated relief plans that by today have managed to deliver 1,000 tonnes of emergency rations, enough to feed 60,000 victims of the rising waters for 30 days.
21 March 2007
WFP has hailed the increasing support and commitment of 12 new European Union Member States towards achieving the number one Millennium Development Goal (MDG) of halving poverty and hunger by 2015.
15 March 2007
James T. Morris, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Program (WFP), told a US Senate hearing on food aid Thursday that conquering hunger was critical to achieving peace and prosperity in the future.
29 November 2006
Ahead of the winter freeze, WFP is racing to complete deliveries of food for impoverished Afghans living in communities that will be cut off once the bitter cold arrives and heavy snows set in – and in other parts of the embattled country, the food agency is providing assistance to victims of severe floods.
- Harsh winter takes toll on Afghan war displaced Source: Reuters Alertnet
- UN environmental agency to help Afghanistan combat effects of climate change Source: UN News Centre
- More than Lego: WFP's Factory-in-a-box Source: Devex
- The challenge of getting food to Afghan schoolchildren Source: The Examiner
- What It Means To Be A Mother In Afghanistan Source: Care2.com
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Situation Report #04, May 2014
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Afghanistan PRRO 200447 Assistance to Address Food Insecurity and Under-nutrition: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- 23 January 2015 WFP Ships ‘Biscuit Factory In A Box' From Italy To Afghanistan