11 July 2006
In an address to the Foreign Affairs Commission of the Italian Chamber of Deputies, WFP’s Executive Director, James Morris, has said that globalisation is an economic and social reality that must be managed if it is to become an effective tool to fight hunger.
24 May 2006
Due to a critical shortage of funds and resources, WFP will soon be forced to abandon plans to provide around 2.7 million of the poorest and most vulnerable Afghans with vital food aid to help them through the winter.
5 April 2006
WFP has called on donors to provide urgently needed funds to its Afghanistan operation to ensure food assistance to 3.5 million hungry Afghans, warning that there will be a break in food supplies this month without fresh donations.
30 January 2006
10 December 2005
A convoy of trucks carrying 39 metric tons of WFP high energy biscuits arrived today in the Pakistan city of Abbottabad, delivering desperately needed food to survivors of last Saturday’s earthquake.
8 November 2005
Kabul Ahead of the winter freeze, WFP starts pre-positioning food supplies for nearly half a million impoverished Afghans who will be cut off from markets once the cold weather sets in.
10 October 2005
WFP is beginning a major airlift of emergency relief supplies to Pakistan for the victims of Saturday’s earthquake, which killed some 20,000 people and left hundreds of thousands more homeless and destitute.
16 September 2005
10 September 2005
As the massive scale of the earthquake disaster that has struck Pakistan, northern India and Afghanistan becomes apparent, WFP mobilises urgent relief.
18 August 2005
Brussels - WFP welcomes a cash donation of five million euros from Belgium which will allow the agency to provide urgently needed food to the Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Niger, Mali, South Sudan, Zimbabwe and Malawi.
- Harsh winter takes toll on Afghan war displaced Source: Reuters Alertnet
- UN environmental agency to help Afghanistan combat effects of climate change Source: UN News Centre
- More than Lego: WFP's Factory-in-a-box Source: Devex
- The challenge of getting food to Afghan schoolchildren Source: The Examiner
- What It Means To Be A Mother In Afghanistan Source: Care2.com
- Islamic Republic of Afghanistan Situation Report #04, May 2014
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Afghanistan PRRO 200447 Assistance to Address Food Insecurity and Under-nutrition: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- 23 January 2015 WFP Ships ‘Biscuit Factory In A Box' From Italy To Afghanistan