17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
24 August 2010
BANGUI – Tens of thousands of people risk becoming malnourished unless critical new funding is secured for the World Food Programme in the Central African Republic (CAR).
12 March 2010
BRAZZAVILLE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) today started to airlift urgent food assistance from Pointe Noire to Impfondo in Likouala province to reach tens of thousands of Congolese refugees from the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) who have moved into northern Republic of Congo (RoC).
25 November 2009
KINSHASA – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is scaling up deliveries to northwestern Democratic Republic of Congo and to the neighbouring Republic of Congo to feed tens of thousands of Congolese people displaced by a recent upsurge of violence in and around Dongo village in DRC’s Equateur province.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
14 June 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme today launched a highly complex operation to airlift emergency food supplies to over 2,600 refugees from Darfur who recently crossed into the remote north-eastern corner of the Central African Republic.
31 May 2007
WFP welcomes US government contributions in May totaling $32.4 million to feed people confronting critical humanitarian situations ranging from severe drought to conflict in Kenya, Chad, the Central African Republic, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe and Colombia.
18 May 2007
WFP announced today that it was airlifting 31 metric tons of equipment from its Humanitarian Response Depot (HRD) in Ghana to support the agency’s recently upgraded life-saving operation in the strife-torn Central African Republic.
15 May 2007
WFP urged the international community to redouble its efforts in support of the agency’s recently upscaled life-saving operation in the conflict-torn Central African Republic.
- Worsened security leads to further displacement in Central African Republic Source: Xinhua News
- Today’s Central African Republic: It Really Doesn’t Get Much Worse Than This Source: The Ottawa Citizen (Canada)
- Hatred festers as Muslims and Christians suffer in Central African Republic Source: Irish Times
- WFP Chief Calls for Humanitarian Intervention in CAR Source: VOA News
- In Central African Republic, a ‘very desperate situation’ in makeshift camps Source: PBS NewsHour
- WFP Regional Impact of the C.A.R. Crisis Situation Report #17, 30 August 2015
- WFP Fact sheet on regional emergency operation to assist Central Africa Republic refugees in Democratic Republic of Congo
- WFP Regional Impact of the C.A.R. Crisis Situation Report #16, 06 august 2015
- El Niño - Implications and Scenarios for 2015, July 2015
- 2 February 2015 Bridging The Hunger Gap In A Divided City Of Bambari