2 November 2011
Vicepresident Lenin Moreno leads government iniatiatives to improve the conditions of poor Ecuadorians living with disabilities. Through this agreement, WFP will assist this vulnerable group with sustainable family gardens, nutrition workshops for improving their daily meals and the distribution of food rations.
20 September 2011
Five hundred people on their bicycles rode for the first edition of Bike the World, an event organised by WFP to celebrate this year's World Food Day. Under the motto “Biking for Good Nutrition”, families members of all ages wore WFP t-shirts and joined the celebration.
28 July 2011
With the presence of the Spanish Ambassador, national and local authorities, the World Food Programme launched in Ecuador an innovative food assistance project that has also been implemented in another five countries.
18 February 2008
The World Food Programme has airlifted a first tranche of emergency food assistance from its new humanitarian emergency hub in Ecuador to assist thousands of families affected by floods in Bolivia as a result of “La Niña” weather phenomenon.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
30 September 2005
27 January 2005
Ecuador WFP with the assistance of the Government of Ecuador is sending emergency food rations in a Hercules C-130 aircraft to assist victims of the recent floods in Guyana.
- Papllacta Vulnerable to Climate Change According to Atlas Source: El Comercio
- Ecuador: 5 Communities Protect the Moorlands of the Imbabura Province Source: By Grupo El Comercio
- The economics of food subsidies: Feeding expectations Source: The Economist
- Why Food Vouchers Are a Policy Worth Considering in Developing Countries Source: The Economist
- Santa Elena Provincial Government and WFP start food and nutrition security project Source: Santa Elena Provincial Government (Ecuador)
- 25 April 2014 Charley Anderson sings for women’s rights in Ecuador
- 24 December 2013 Ecuador: ECHO Delegation Visits Refugees in the Northern Border