2 September 2005
Cairo WFP welcomes a cash donation of US$50,000 from Kraft Foods to support a major girls\' education initiative in Egypt through school feeding.
24 August 2005
13 June 2005
Rome At least 200,000 people have taken part in a round-the-clock, round-the-world event in 269 cities and towns in 91 countries, raising awareness about child hunger across the globe and sufficient funds to feed more than 50,000 hungry children for a year.
25 March 2005
Washington DC In partnership with the World Bank, WFP signs an agreement to support its Early Childhood Education Enhancement Project (ECEEP). The US$108-million project is designed to increase access to more than one million children in kindergartens in 18 food-insecure governorates in Upper Egypt and North Sinai.
13 September 2004
Cairo-WFP launches a new phase of its ongoing school feeding programme in Egypt targeted at 3,000 girls living in Fayoum and Sohag governorates.
27 April 2004
Rome - Mahmoud Yassin, one of the best-known Egyptian actors of all times, has lent his voice to a growing chorus of international celebrities who are helping WFP raise awareness of global hunger.
3 April 2004
Cairo WFP launches a US$200,000 emergency operation to assist the victims of the earthquake that devastated the Al-Hoceima region in north-eastern Morocco in the early morning hours of 24 February, killing almost 600 people, injuring hundreds and leaving many hom
- Egyptian wheat farmers face a hard time Source: Al Jazeera
- Egypt's food security in peril as fuel crisis intensifies Source: IRIN News
- Egyptian farmers fearful as locust threat looms Source: IRIN News
- UN agencies provide food aid to Syrian refugees in Egypt Source: UN News Centre
- Egypt: Fears of rising malnutrition amid increasing poverty Source: IRIN