15 March 2007
James T. Morris, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Program (WFP), told a US Senate hearing on food aid Thursday that conquering hunger was critical to achieving peace and prosperity in the future.
12 March 2007
As Swiss pop star DJ BoBo launches his “Vampires Alive” tour at Europapark in Rust, Germany today, he will call on fans to help bring real change to the lives of the world’s hungry.
2 December 2006
Her Royal Highness Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein congratulates donors for their generosity and urges them to continue their support for food aid, following a visit to projects run by WFP in Ethiopia.
30 November 2006
Two Mi-8 helicopters carrying emergency supplies have left to deliver humanitarian assistance to hundreds of thousands of people stranded by another spate of floods this month in the Somali region of southeastern Ethiopia, WFP said.
8 November 2006
Following devastating floods in eastern Ethiopia, WFP is undertaking a rapid assessment and registration of survivors to determine the immediate food needs of an estimated 10,000 people left homeless by flash floods.
22 August 2006
With heavy rains continuing to pound much of Ethiopia, WFP has said that 118,000 people – with hundreds killed or missing – have been hit by devastating floods in the past month and warned that the numbers of displaced, homeless and severely affected could rise further.
15 August 2006
WFP has begun emergency food distributions that will reach 10,000 men, women and children hit by flash floods in the Dire Dawa region of eastern Ethiopia.
3 July 2006
WFP has chosen the theme of “Partnering with Men to Achieve Gender Equality” for this year’s International Women’s Day (IWD), to stress the importance of the two sexes working together to improve women’s lives around the world.
3 June 2006
WFP has announced that AXA Re has been awarded the world’s first insurance contract for humanitarian emergencies.
11 March 2006
With extensive flooding again hitting southeastern Ethiopia, WFP has said that it is working closely with the Government of Ethiopia to ensure that food aid urgently reaches tens of thousands of flood-affected people in the Somali region.
- UNHCR, WFP chiefs due in Ethiopia Source: Turkish Press
- Humanitarian crisis looms as refugees from South Sudan pour into Ethiopia Source: The Guardian
- Elimination of hunger in our lifetime can be a reality Source: The Irish Times
- UN Utilizing Financial Inclusion Programs to Fight Rural Poverty Source: VOA News
- Delegates highlight rural poor financial inclusion service access Source: The Ethiopian Herald
- 11 December 2013 Why Financial Inclusion Is Key To Ethiopia's Fight Against Hunger
- 10 December 2013 UN Agencies Link Ethiopian Farmers To School Meals Programs
- 15 March 2013 WFP Ethiopia in Pictures