1 February 2010
In the coastal town of Jacmel, south of Port-au-Prince, WFP is providing hot meals for an average 24,000 people each day through a network of field kitchens. Children are receiving a nutritional boost with an extra daily meal of WFP’s vitamin-rich porridge -- which they seem to love!
29 January 2010
25 January 2010
WFP has prioritised orphanages and hospitals in recent days in order to ensure food is reaching the most vulnerable. At one children’s home in Port au Prince, the quake killed 56 of the 134 children. WFP is ensuring that those who survived are being fed.
23 January 2010
WFP is one of seven relief organisations that will receive a share of the money raised by Friday's Hope For Haiti Now benefit event in New York, Los Angeles and London. The line-up of stars included WFP celebrity partners Christina Aguilera, Wyclef Jean and Drew Barrymore.
22 January 2010
Haiti's devastated infrastructure make emergency operations in the quake-hit nation the most challenging that WFP has ever faced, Executive Director Josette Sheeran said here on Friday, during a three-day visit.
22 January 2010
When the earthquake hit Haiti at 16:53 on 12 January, WFP Programme Officer Gumel Henry was at the office. The first thing he did was run home. School had finished and he knew his children would be there. As he ran, he passed one collapsed building after another...
21 January 2010
When a disaster strikes, humanitarian agencies like WFP need information more than anything else. They need a clear picture of the damage to roads and bridges, for example, to be able to respond fast. A new set of satellite maps produced by WFP helps provide this information.
19 January 2010
When disaster strikes, among the first people in WFP to move are the telecommunications staff. In Haiti, they found landlines, cellphones and satellite communications all down. Yet within days they had connected humanitarian workers to each other and the world.
15 January 2010
WFP is gearing up to distribute ready-to-eat food rations to 2 million people in quake-stricken Haiti because, with so many homes and buildings destroyed, most people have no access to cooking facilities.
14 January 2010
High energy biscuits are light, nutritious and easy to transport. That's why WFP often distributes them in the early days of an emergency.
- Aid workers distribute food in Haiti as nation struggles with drought Source: The Toronto Star
- Canadian Development Minister Paradis visits Haiti To Assess Progress And Challenges Source: Foreign Affairs
- Feeding Haiti: A new menu Source: The Economist
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis - WFP Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Drought, poor harvest to worsen Haiti food crisis – WFP Source: Reuters
- 7 February 2014 Swiss Ambassador to Haiti Visits WFP Cash for Assets Project
- 16 January 2014 Haiti School Meals: Feeding Futures and Nourishing Minds
- 28 November 2013 Haiti: UNASUR Pledges an Extra $250.000 for School Feeding
- 26 September 2013 Hungry Planet: Episode 30