26 November 2012
Yum! Brands gave a special recognition to Grupo Comidas for making Honduras the country that has raised the largest amount of funds for WFP projects in the Latin America and Caribbean region through the "From Hunger to Hope" campaign, which is implemented by the franchise worldwide and every year among its customers and workers to help fight against hunger and undernutrition.
7 November 2012
The cooperation agreement between WFP and IICA will help strengthen the organizational capacity and management of cooperatives in Honduras, which have more than 11,300 small holder farmers in their ranks, and participate in WFP’s Purchase for Progress initiative (P4P) in Honduras.
2 November 2012
The First Lady of Honduras, Rosa Elena de Lobo, was the honour witness during the signing ceremony of an agreement between World Food Programme (WFP) and the Sugar Industry Foundation ( FUNAZUCAR).
30 October 2012
The P4P project in Honduras supports some 11.500 small holder farmers, of which 2.613 are women. Meet Lucrecia Santos Galindo, a participant of this project in the department of Yoro, in northern Honduras.
3 October 2012
Some 8.6 million people, mostly poor subsistence farmers, live in the so-called Drought Corridor, an area shared by Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua. This area is affected by prolonged droughts that cause harvesting losses and hunger.
26 September 2012
With the motto “Fighting Hunger Today We Feed The Future With Hope,” the Jaremar Group made an important donation valued at more than US$1 million to the World Food Programme in Honduras. This donation was officialized during the signing ceremony of an agreement between WFP and Jaremar Group.
16 August 2012
"Since we've been receiving this meal, the Kindergarten enrolment has increased year by year," said Mibel Brizio, teacher at the Estrellitas del Carmen School. "In the past, we had only 30 students, but now we have 78. There are no dropouts and children are more active."
14 August 2012
“Thank God for the food that we received in school. Without it we could not concentrate in class,” said fourth grader Natalie Martinez of the Republic of Peru School. With the Government's commitment to the School Feeding Programme, more than 1.5 million children will keep receiving a hot meal in school.
28 May 2012
Ricardo Alvarez, Mayor of Tegucigalpa the capital of Honduras, and the Municipal Corporation, gave the name Plaza WFP to a circle that begins one of the main avenues of the city, the Boulevard Morazán, in recognition for humanitarian work of the World Food Programme (WFP).
22 May 2012
More than six months after Tropical Storm 12E struck Central America, Honduras' population is still recovering from the aftermath of this weather phenomena. Residents of La Catarina, in the border with Nicaragua, are rebuilding their homes and their lives through WFP's food-for-work activities and with the support of Brazilian and Australian Aid.
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- School Feeding- WFP’s role in Latin America and the Caribbean
- The Market Monitor
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists