21 February 2013
San Jeronimo-Comayagua.- With the aim to technically strengthen and improve production for smallholder farmers of the P4P programme, on this day Miguel Barreto, representative of the World Food Programme in Honduras and Jacobo Regalado, the Minister of Agriculture and Livestock awarded 140 graduation diplomas to smallholder farmers from the departments of Comayagua and Intibucá.
31 January 2013
This modern grain processing plant, built with the support of the European Union (EU) and of the World Food Programme (WFP), will initally benefit some 1,186 small holder farmers living in the departments of Lempira and Copán. This plant and others across Honduras are part of the Purchase for Progress (P4P) initiative, which has benefited 23 small holder farmers organizations or cooperatives, and their 11,400 members.
3 December 2012
Single Honduran mothers receive assistance from the Honduran authorities and the WFP to maintain this nursery that they have as a result to generate the economic resources to maintain their families and protect the environment. “We are pleased with this project because it will improve the lives of our families and communities,” says Neptali Amador, Marcovia City Council Member.
26 November 2012
Yum! Brands gave a special recognition to Grupo Comidas for making Honduras the country that has raised the largest amount of funds for WFP projects in the Latin America and Caribbean region through the "From Hunger to Hope" campaign, which is implemented by the franchise worldwide and every year among its customers and workers to help fight against hunger and undernutrition.
7 November 2012
The cooperation agreement between WFP and IICA will help strengthen the organizational capacity and management of cooperatives in Honduras, which have more than 11,300 small holder farmers in their ranks, and participate in WFP’s Purchase for Progress initiative (P4P) in Honduras.
2 November 2012
The First Lady of Honduras, Rosa Elena de Lobo, was the honour witness during the signing ceremony of an agreement between World Food Programme (WFP) and the Sugar Industry Foundation ( FUNAZUCAR).
30 October 2012
The P4P project in Honduras supports some 11.500 small holder farmers, of which 2.613 are women. Meet Lucrecia Santos Galindo, a participant of this project in the department of Yoro, in northern Honduras.
3 October 2012
Some 8.6 million people, mostly poor subsistence farmers, live in the so-called Drought Corridor, an area shared by Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua. This area is affected by prolonged droughts that cause harvesting losses and hunger.
26 September 2012
With the motto “Fighting Hunger Today We Feed The Future With Hope,” the Jaremar Group made an important donation valued at more than US$1 million to the World Food Programme in Honduras. This donation was officialized during the signing ceremony of an agreement between WFP and Jaremar Group.
16 August 2012
"Since we've been receiving this meal, the Kindergarten enrolment has increased year by year," said Mibel Brizio, teacher at the Estrellitas del Carmen School. "In the past, we had only 30 students, but now we have 78. There are no dropouts and children are more active."
- Mujeres Unidas en Acción: Building Success for Women in Eastern Honduras Source: Huffington Post
- IICA strengthens partnership with World Food Programme Source: Estrategia y Negocios
- Honduras: A Call for Help to FAO and WFP to confront hunger Source: El Heraldo (Honduras)
- Improved Nutrition, Agricultural Development Helps Bring Hondurans Out of Poverty and Hunger Source: DipNote
- Proactively Planning for Replanting Source: Honduras Weekly
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Factsheet - Food Security Analysis, 2015
- Central America PRRO 200490 Restoring Food Security and Livelihoods for Vulnerable Groups Affected by Recurrent Shocks in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Nicaragua: An Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference
- Seasonal Monitor
- 8 September 2014 Honduras: WFP-COPECO Distribute Food to Drought-Hit Communities