26 September 2006
Somali refugees escaping the conflict between the Union of Islamic Courts and the Transitional Federal Government have pushed the number of refugees in Kenya to the highest level in a decade, threatening to exhaust food aid stocks unless urgent donations are made, WFP said today.
2 August 2006
The Government of Kenya and WFP has announced that 3.5 million Kenyans are running out of food because of the complete failure of the short rains.
19 July 2006
WFP warns that it isrunning out of emergency food aid for millions of people in Kenya made destitute by drought and appeals for urgent new contributions to prevent malnutrition rates rising as the long dry season sets in.
3 June 2006
WFP congratulates Rachel Weisz on winning an Oscar last night for Best Actress in a Supporting Role, for her performance in the movie, The Constant Gardener.
3 May 2006
Following his visit to the epicentre of the Horn of Africa drought – in northeastern Kenya – the head of WFP has warned that the human death toll could soar in the coming months without sufficient donations to head off a disaster.
20 April 2006
WFP warns that despite a good start to the long rains falling in the epicenter of the regional drought, the suffering of millions of nomadic herders and subsistence farmers in Kenya would continue and even deepen.
14 March 2006
As a result of insufficient funding, WFP has been forced to reduce food aid rations to some 230,000 Somali and Sudanese refugees living in two camps in remote areas in northeast Kenya.
11 March 2006
WFP warmly congratulated its Ambassador against Hunger, top record holder Paul Tergat, on his performance today in New York where he finished third place in the world’s most prestigious marathon race.
21 February 2006
As the media and the humanitarian community focus on the spreading drought in the Horn of Africa, WFP is deeply concerned that more attention is needed to highlight the persistent problems faced by the world’s refugees – most of them in Africa.
25 January 2006
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya