16 March 2005
Nairobi - WFP launches a six-month food relief operation to assist nearly 600,000 Ugandans suffering from drought in the northeastern region of Karamoja.
11 February 2005
WFP reiterates its appeal for US$25 million to assist 1.2 million people in Kenya -- particularly the Northeast -- hit by critical food shortages.
23 December 2004
Nairobi World renowned American photographer James Nachtwey and WFP join forces to focus more public concern on Darfur, western Sudan, where the world\'s worst humanitarian crisis continues unabated.
17 December 2004
Nairobi WFP warns that thousands of refugees in Kenya will go hungry unless it receives immediate donations of cash or food commodities.
6 July 2004
Nairobi As the humanitarian crisis in Darfur and neighbouring Chad deepens by the day and the number of people suffering from conflict across western Sudan has almost doubled to two million, WFP appeals to the international community for urgent funding to expand its operations in both Sudan and Chad. At least one million people have been driven from their homes and farms by the fighting.
8 May 2004
Nairobi WFP launches an emergency appeal for US$82 million for immediate food assistance to 2.3 million people affected by drought in Kenya.
3 March 2004
Nairobi - WFP has given a warning that it will have to cut basic food rations to refugees throughout eastern and central Africa unless immediate donations are received.
26 February 2004
Nairobi WFP starts to distribute food assistance to the survivors of a massacre that took place on Saturday night, 21 February. Lord\'s Resistance Army (LRA) rebels attacked and burned Barlonyo camp for displaced people in Lira District, Langi Sub-region, in northern Uganda.
12 February 2004
Nairobi -WFP today appealed for urgent funding for road repairs and demining of key transport routes in southern Sudan to help people return after decades of war, and connect the region to northern Sudan and neighbouring countries.
21 January 2004
Rome Marathon world record holder Paul Tergat joined the race to defeat global hunger today when he was appointed "Ambassador Against Hunger" by James T.Morris, WFP's Executive Director.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya