4 February 2009
When British pop star Jamelia decided to step off the red carpet and into a Kenyan slum, she wasn't sure what to expect. Here are her own thoughts, as she recorded them during her visit to Kibera.
27 January 2009
Jamelia, who is supporting The Really Good School Dinner campaign, went to Kenya recently to see for herself how money donated to WFP School feeding is spent.
17 November 2008
Nairobi, 18 November 2008 - Local people helped WFP overcome a minor disaster recently when a truck carrying food to a district north of Nairobi, in Kenya, slipped off a bridge into a river.
15 August 2008
Poor rains in the normally wet March-to-May period, compounded by high food and fuel prices, have hit the Horn of Africa region hard. Drought-affected people in the region now number 17.5 million.
20 March 2008
Staff capture some quintessential WFP moments in our staff photo, video and story competition.
5 March 2008
Part of a recent US$1 million donation from WFP Ambassador Against Hunger Drew Barrymore will go towards improving schools and the lives of schoolchildren in Kenya. WFP's Marcus Prior talked to some of the children at Nairobi's Stara school, one of the places where WFP provides daily school meals and which will benefit from Drew's donation.
5 March 2008
WFP school meals offered to children at Stara school in Nairobi's slums, give them the incentive to go to school and concentrate on their studies. WFP's Marcus Prior talks to Lorna Likhanga, a WFP relief worker who ensures hungry schoolchildren receive food.
3 March 2008
Drew Barrymore talks about her work with WFP on "The Oprah Winfrey Show". Drew focuses part of her work with us on our school feeding programmes - where hungry children are encouraged to go to school with the promise of a daily meal.
5 February 2008
The eruption of anger and violence in Kenya in the wake of disputed elections has been particularly intense in the crowded slums of Nairobi, where almost two-thirds of the city’s population live. WFP spokesperson Penny Ferguson went to a food distribution at Woodley stadium on the outskirts of Kibera.
25 January 2008
The World Food Programme has said that its Kenyan partners had started providing food assistance from WFP and the Government of Kenya in a new round of distributions in the slums of Nairobi hit by post-election violence and intimidation.
- Food shortage crisis in Dadaab refugee camp Source: ABC News (Australia)
- Data drip: 'Smart' handpumps send signal that water has run out Source: The Guardian
- Kenya: Floods displace thousands, destroy crops Source: IRIN
- Insurance helps Kenya's herders protect against drought Source: CNN
- Mother Rescued From Slide Into Severe Malnutrition Source: Footcircles
- 25 March 2015 Support Needed For School Meals In Kenya
- 20 February 2015 Royal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia Supports Refugees In Kenya
- 23 October 2014 In Kenya Cash Is Boosting Food Security
- 16 October 2014 More Than Food: Boosting Education In Kenya