19 November 2011
BISHKEK – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) began Wednesday providing food assistance to more than 270,000 people in rural areas across the Kyrgyz Republic to help them through the harsh winter season.
21 September 2011
BISHKEK – The United Nation’s World Food Programme (WFP) plans to deliver nearly 25,500 tons of food assistance to more than half a million vulnerable people in rural areas across the Kyrgyz Republic through a new two-year operation that begins this year.
29 April 2011
BISHKEK – The UN World Food Programme (WFP) in Kyrgyzstan has thanked the Russian Federation, which over the last three years has become the single most generous and consistent supporter of the agency’s work in the country.
29 December 2010
The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said Thursday it spent nearly $6 million in the Kyrgyz Republic to deliver assistance to the country’s most vulnerable people in 2010.
30 November 2010
BISHKEK – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) said Monday that 350,000 people across the country, many of them hit indirectly by this year’s civil strife, are receiving food rations to help them through the long cold winter months.
24 August 2010
OSH – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is gearing up its operations in Kyrgyzstan, taking into account rising food prices, a poor harvest, the onset of winter and the hundreds of thousands of people affected by the ethnic violence that erupted in the south of the country in June.
1 July 2010
OSH, Kyrgyzstan – The United Nations World Food Programme is continuing daily distributions of assistance in southern Kyrgyzstan with supplies boosted by the arrival of a convoy of trucks from neighbouring Uzbekistan carrying UN humanitarian relief for victims of ethnic violence.
24 June 2010
OSH – As barricades come down in the southern Kyrgyzstan city of Osh and refugees begin to return, the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is intensifying efforts to bring food to residents whose lives have been shattered by ethnic conflict.
21 June 2010
BISHKEK - The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is accelerating the delivery of food assistance to Kyrgyzstan with the arrival of a plane-load of aid in the city of Osh today.
19 June 2010
BISHKEK – The United Nations World Food Programme is delivering desperately needed food to thousands of people fleeing violent clashes, many of whom are trapped in neighbourhoods in southern Kyrgyzstan’s main city Osh.
- 14% of Kyrgyz lack food security, UN says Source: Central Asia Online
- “There’s No Such Thing As A Minor Emergency” Source: Reliefweb
- KYRGYZSTAN: The hidden threat of micronutrient deficiency Source: IRIN
- UN: Food Insecurity in Kyrgyzstan to Grow Worse Source: VOA News (USA)
- On the heels of ethnic violence, U.N. fears hunger in Kyrgyzstan Source: CNN
- 2 December 2014 WFP Helps Rural Kyrgyz Women Grow Their Food And Earn Money
- 3 June 2014 A Day In The Life Of A Kyrgyz Schoolgirl
- 7 February 2014 Improved School Meals In Kyrgyzstan Bring Positive Results
- 12 September 2013 The New Academic Year Brings Hot Meals In Kyrgyz Schools