27 April 2012
VIENTIANE – A delegation of representatives from the United States Embassy in Lao PDR, the Ministry of Education and Sports, and the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP), has completed a three-day visit to Saravane Province where they observed activities under WFP’s School Meals programme.
18 April 2012
VIENTIANE – More than 150,000 pre-primary and primary school students will get a boost of energy every day to help them concentrate better on their studies, thanks to a contribution from Cuba of more than 180 metric tons of sugar to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) which was made possible by the generosity of a private Japanese donor.
7 March 2012
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) and the United States Embassy in Vientiane have jointly visited Luangnamtha province to see innovative programmes that reflect their on-going commitment to helping the Lao PDR Government in its efforts to combat malnutrition.
23 November 2011
Eight fundraising champions of the 2010 World Hunger Relief campaign, organised by YUM! Brands, have seen for themselves the impact of their donations to the United Nations World Food Programme’s (WFP) projects in Laos.
20 September 2011
Today, U.S. Ambassador to the Lao PDR H.E. Ms Karen B. Stewart and Representative of the World Food Programme (WFP) in Lao PDR Ms Eri Kudo visited flood-stricken Khammuane Province to meet with provincial officials and observe the distribution of U.S. - funded food assistance to families affected by recent severe flooding.
8 September 2011
VIENTIANE -- Record-breaking sailor and Young Australian of the Year Jessica Watson today announced her support for the United Nations World Food Programme's (WFP) School Meals Programme in Laos, in her role as a Youth Representative for WFP.
5 July 2011
VIENTIANE – Families in the south and central regions of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic who are still suffering from the effects of severe drought and flash floods in 2010 will receive vital food assistance, thanks to a donation of US$1.5 million from the United States of America to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
23 March 2011
VIENTIANE – For the first time in Lao PDR, close to 1,000 primary school children will receive a healthy and balanced school lunch prepared from foods bought at their local market. Their village schools are the first to participate in a new Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) project implemented by the World Food Programme (WFP) in partnership with the Government of Lao PDR. The pilot is generously supported by the Australian Government, who made funding available to conduct a baseline survey, support programme design and produce training materials.
17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
7 April 2010
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed today two generous contributions, one from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MOFAT) of the Republic of Korea, and the other from famous Korean actor, Mr Jang Dong Gun.
- As Laos prospers, child malnutrition persists Source: IRIN News
- WFP, USA explore new ways of fighting malnutrition in Laos Source: Shanghai Daily/ Xinhua
- Southeast Asia Suffers Worst Floods In More Than A Decade Source: Eurasia Review
- Jessica Watson to call Pittwater home Source: The Manly Daily (Australia)
- Jessica Watson Supports WFP School Meals In Laos Source: Reuters Alertnet
- Do School Feeding Programs Help Children?
- The WFP-World Bank IFPRI Three-Country Studies: Results and Evidence Based Learning from Impact Evaluation Studies School Feeding
- Laos CP 200242 (2012-2015): A mid-term Operation Evaluation. Terms of Reference.
- Mapping of flood affected villages in Lao PDR summary report
- 19 November 2013 From Safe, Healthy Pregnancies To Healthy, Happy Children In Laos
- 6 September 2013 Food Assistance For Lao Farmers
- 9 November 2012 Laos: Giving A Healthy Start From The Very First Days Of Life