5 July 2011
VIENTIANE – Families in the south and central regions of the Lao People’s Democratic Republic who are still suffering from the effects of severe drought and flash floods in 2010 will receive vital food assistance, thanks to a donation of US$1.5 million from the United States of America to the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP).
23 March 2011
VIENTIANE – For the first time in Lao PDR, close to 1,000 primary school children will receive a healthy and balanced school lunch prepared from foods bought at their local market. Their village schools are the first to participate in a new Home Grown School Feeding (HGSF) project implemented by the World Food Programme (WFP) in partnership with the Government of Lao PDR. The pilot is generously supported by the Australian Government, who made funding available to conduct a baseline survey, support programme design and produce training materials.
17 November 2010
International food prices have increased steeply in the last six months, bringing the UN Food and Agriculture (FAO) Food Price Index to its highest level since September 2008. However, recent harvests have been better and global food stocks are higher.
7 April 2010
VIENTIANE – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) welcomed today two generous contributions, one from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade (MOFAT) of the Republic of Korea, and the other from famous Korean actor, Mr Jang Dong Gun.
3 October 2009
2 October 2009
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
4 May 2005
Bangkok - The Government of Laos has given WFP\'s outgoing representative in the Southeast Asian country its highest possible award for a foreigner in recognition of his efforts through the agency to assist the hungry poor in Laos over the past five years.
- As Laos prospers, child malnutrition persists Source: IRIN News
- WFP, USA explore new ways of fighting malnutrition in Laos Source: Shanghai Daily/ Xinhua
- Southeast Asia Suffers Worst Floods In More Than A Decade Source: Eurasia Review
- Jessica Watson to call Pittwater home Source: The Manly Daily (Australia)
- Jessica Watson Supports WFP School Meals In Laos Source: Reuters Alertnet
- 29 December 2014 Laos Primary School Students Draw What ‘Zero Hunger’ Means to Them
- 19 November 2013 From Safe, Healthy Pregnancies To Healthy, Happy Children In Laos
- 6 September 2013 Food Assistance For Lao Farmers
- 9 November 2012 Laos: Giving A Healthy Start From The Very First Days Of Life