13 November 2014
From the empty market stalls to the late planting of rice crops, the impact of Ebola is visible in many ways in Liberia's Lofa County. WFP's Donaig Le Du travelled to the northern area to accompany food distribution teams. She sent back this blog, describing what she saw.
12 November 2014
During emergencies, coordination is essential for the success of relief operations. The Logistics Cluster is a group of humanitarian organizations who work together to ensure efficient and effective logistics in emergencies. Because of its expertise and field capacity, WFP was chosen to lead the Logistics Cluster. In Ebola-affected countries, the Cluster is working to support the United Nations Mission for Ebola Emergency Response (UNMEER) and the humanitarian community.
16 October 2014
Oritha Dorbor says 11 members of her extended family have died from Ebola. She’s doing her utmost to keep her children and husband safe. But since her village was put in unofficial quarantine, she has had another problem to deal with: putting food on the table for her family.
9 October 2014
The UN World Food Programme is continuing to scale up its operations to provide food to over 1 million people affected by the Ebola crisis in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone.
9 October 2014
WFP is scaling up its response to the Ebola virus to provide assistance to around 1 million people affected by the outbreak in Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, delivering food alongside the health response. WFP is also assisting the wider humanitarian community with logistics, helping other organisations to get aid workers and critical supplies into the affected areas. Donate here
9 October 2014
The Ebola response is requiring the support of the entire humanitarian community. WFP is assisting UN agencies, NGOs and Governments with critical logistics support.
17 September 2014
In Lofa County, one of Liberia’s most productive farming regions, rural communities have been deeply affected by the spread of the Ebola virus. Frances Kennedy visited Barkedu where the Ebola outbreak has claimed more than 165 lives and the community is creating its own systems to manage the Ebola threat. The World Food Programme is stepping up food assistance to this and other communities who are struggling to feed themselves.
4 September 2014
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is scaling up its emergency response in Ebola-hit nations of West Africa – most notably Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone. In this interview, WFP Regional Director for West Africa Denise Brown, who has just come back from the front lines of the operation, describes the situation in the field.
29 August 2014
The deadly Ebola outbreak in West Africa has spread to major Liberian cities, including the capital Monrovia, which has become a major focal point for the epidemic. WFP’s Spokeswoman Frances Kennedy reports from the quarantined West Point neighbourhood.
18 August 2014
The United Nations World Food Programme is scaling up its operations to provide food to around 1 million people living in restricted access areas in Guinea, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.
- One Planet: Bananas and the global food chain Source: BBC
- The Liberian Dialogue: WFP gives “ownership” to education ministry: other partners to follow Source: The Liberian Dialogue
- LIBERIA-COTE D'IVOIRE: Refugees look for long-term solutions Source: IRIN
- Liberia's President Sirleaf: 'We've made progress but there's much more to do' Source: The Guardian
- Liberia: 'Much More to Do', Says Johnson Sirleaf Source: All Africa
- 2015 - Ebola Response: from crisis to recovery
- Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone - mVAM Regional Bulletin #8: More negative coping as lean season begins, June 2015
- Liberia - mVAM Bulletin #20: Liberian households increase coping as lean season begins, June 2015
- Liberia - mVAM Bulletin #19: Coping improves significantly in May, May 2015
- 23 July 2015 Hungry Planet: Episode 41
- 22 February 2015 Liberia: WFP Helps Communities Transition Out of Ebola Crisis
- 17 December 2014 Ebola Leaves Hundreds of Thousands Facing Hunger (For the Media)
- 24 November 2014 Liberia: Inside A Food Distribution