20 March 2007
WFP has welcomed a donation of US$800,000 from the Norwegian Government to ensure that food assistance reaches tens of thousands of people hit by a series of cyclones and storms over the past three months – including the latest, Indlala, which struck the northeast last Thursday.
15 February 2007
WFP has said a WFP-chartered helicopter had started rescue and food delivery missions in central Mozambique where the worst flooding in years has forced an estimated 85,000 people to flee their homes.
2 January 2005
Johannesburg WFP starts sending supplies of emergency rice to immediately assist thousands of people affected by Cyclone Ernest and the ensuing tropical storm that has struck south west Madagascar.
16 March 2004
Antananarivo - As part of its response to Cyclone Gafilo which has hit Madagascar twice in the past ten days, WFP announces that it is sending a first shipment of 20 tonnes of food aid for up to 1,000 people who have been stranded by rising flood waters in the south-west.
4 January 2004
Johannesburg - Tens of thousands of people affected by a devastating cyclone in Madagascar have received vital food aid rations thanks to the successful cooperation between a South African relief team and WFP.
- Tropical Cyclone Haruna hits southwestern Madagascar Source: IRIN News
- Locust invasion threatens underfunded Madagascar Source: IRIN News
- Food-for-work scheme helps Malagasy forests and people Source: IRIN
- MADAGASCAR: Funding gap threatens school lunches Source: IRIN
- Combating child malnutrition in Madagascar Source: IRIN