6 March 2009
Hurricanes, floods, earthquakes, droughts… nothing anyone can do will prevent them. But a lot can be done to reduce their impact – especially if there’s an early warning.
26 May 2008
High food prices are affecting millions of people across the world - most of all those living on the edge of poverty and hunger. For WFP, as an organisation enirely dependent on voluntary contributions, the impact of rising food and fuel prices represents nothing less than a global emergency.
2 August 2007
WFP has praised The Grand Duchy of Luxembourg for its decision to allocate a set amount of its humanitarian budget to improving emergency preparedness in developing countries.
27 July 2007
WFP has welcomed contributions of $104 million from the US government this month to feed the hungry poor in 15 countries.
27 February 2007
The Government of Japan announced today a major contribution of US$20.8 million (JPY2.52 billion) to WFP which will assist millions of vulnerable and chronically food insecure people in 13 countries spread throughout Africa, Asia and Latin America.
28 November 2005
31 October 2005
28 October 2005
10 October 2005
Floods and landslides in the wake of Hurricane Stan, combined with an earthquake off the coast of El Salvador as well as a volcano, have killed at least 617 people throughout Central America and Mexico.
- Nicaragua: Food Distribution to the Miskito Communities Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Nicaragua: Better Storage for Better Sales Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Nicaragua: Entrepreneuse and Successful Source: Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Miguel Barreto, WFP Director for Latin America Source: El Cronista Digital
- School meals distributed in more than 10,000 schools Source: Canal 8