8 February 2011
COLOMBO – The United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is scaling up emergency food assistance to about 500,000 people in districts of Sri Lanka that have been hardest hit by a second wave of flooding within a month.
7 June 2010
ROME– Tens of thousands of people yesterday took to the streets in cities around the world to show their support for the work of the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) in the fight against global hunger.
15 May 2009
27 February 2009
10 March 2008
WFP has dispatched a first convoy of food and other supplies for 200,000 displaced people in the LTTE-controlled area of Sri Lanka.
13 December 2007
The fight to end child hunger will take centre stage at the Galle Cricket Ground on Saturday 15 December when senior members of the England cricket team turn out to raise awareness about the plight of the hundreds of millions of children around the world who know what it is like to go hungry.
16 October 2007
FAO has called for a renewed commitment to guarantee the right to food for the world's hundreds of millions of hungry people.
16 October 2007
Read UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon message to mark World Food Day, which this year promotes the Right to Food.
18 May 2007
A WFP senior official today called for more resources and improved humanitarian access and security for aid workers providing assistance to thousands of people displaced by the recent upsurge in fighting in Sri Lanka.
20 March 2007
WFP is increasing its operations in Batticaloa District in eastern Sri Lanka to ensure that basic food supplies quickly reach persons forced out of their homes by recent intensified fighting.
- Sri Lanka: Back-to-back disasters compound north’s difficulties Source: IRIN
- Sri Lanka: WFP eyes cash/voucher expansion Source: IRIN
- Struggling Beside the Shining New Road Source: Inter Press Service (IPS)
- Sri Lanka to export rice to emerging markets and WFP Source: China Daily
- TNT Express Sri Lanka donates shoes to school children Source: Middle East North Africa Financial Network
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 19 October 2012 Sri Lanka Drought: Difficult Times In The North And The East
- 10 April 2012 Sri Lanka: First Cash Voucher Programme
- 12 December 2011 Sri Lanka: High Food Prices - A View From Batticaloa Market