29 April 2007
The United Nations World Food Programme has made dramatic progress in reducing malnutrition in Ethiopia, Sudan and Chad but the achievements risk being diminished by constantly shifting security conditions, said WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran today.
28 April 2007
The UN World Food Programme\'s innovative rebuilding projects in southern Sudan – which are helping to restore food independence for people in the region – have received a generous US$55 million pledge from the Government of southern Sudan (GoSS).
25 April 2007
On her first visit to Africa since taking the helm of the United Nations World Food Programme earlier this month, WFP Executive Director Josette Sheeran arrived today in Sudan for talks with the government and to see food assistance at work in the western region of Darfur and the South.
23 April 2007
WFP welcomes the arrival at Port Sudan of a US$2 million shipment of wheat from Russia to support the agency’s recovery and development operations in Sudan.
1 April 2007
The Pyrenees Principality of Andorra, one of the smallest countries in Europe, emerged in 2006 as one of the fastest growing donors to WFP, more than trebling its contribution to US$109,000 from US$32,000 the previous year.
15 March 2007
James T. Morris, Executive Director of the United Nations World Food Program (WFP), told a US Senate hearing on food aid Thursday that conquering hunger was critical to achieving peace and prosperity in the future.
7 March 2007
Three United Nations agencies urge donors to support an appeal for a full package of assistance to cut malnutrition rates at crisis levels among children under five in refugee camps in Kenya. They warn that a host of problems linked with persistently high malnutrition had to be tackled now to save lives.
17 January 2007
Over the last two years the efforts of humanitarian agencies in Darfur have saved the lives of hundreds of thousands of civilians caught up in the region’s conflict.
2 January 2007
WFP has condemned a kidnapping and armed attack on a WFP-contracted convoy in Eastern Chad early on Sunday (28 January).
19 December 2006
The National Basketball Association\'s Chicago Bulls teams up with WFP to feed hungry schoolchildren in Darfur, Sudan with a $100,000 donation.
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- South Sudan's Aid Workers Concerned About Flood of Sudanese Refugees Source: VOA
- 20 February 2014 A Long Journey To Deliver Food To Displaced People In North Darfur
- 2 August 2013 Diary from Darfur: Episode 4
- 30 July 2013 Diary From Darfur: Episode 3
- 23 July 2013 Ten years into the Darfur conflict (For The Media)