16 April 2007
WFP welcomes the continuing support of the Federal Government of Germany with new contributions totalling €22.55 million from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
2 April 2007
Fear of attacks by militia has driven up to two million Darfurians in camps. WFP's Mohamed Amasha spoke to some of those whose lives are in tatters and who don't know what tomorrow holds
2 April 2007
WFP has welcomed a generous US$500,000 donation to its Sudan operation from the Republic of Korea. The funds will be used to support WFP’s largest emergency operation worldwide.
30 March 2007
The Government of the Netherlands has made its first-ever multi-year donation to WFP, committing Euro 27.2 million each year from 2007 until 2009.
1 March 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
23 February 2007
From Afghanistan to Sudan, WFP is on the frontline of crises across the globe. Find out the latest from these crisis hotspots with WFP's weekly operational priorities update.
8 February 2007
As crises across Africa continue to dominate the humanitarian agenda, WFP has warmly welcomed a contribution from Turkey of US$ 2 million, for its operations in eight countries where millions face daily food shortages due to drought, floods, disease or conflict.
1 February 2007
WFP has welcomed the growing role played by Japan – including the Japanese government, business, non-governmental organisations and citizens – in the fight against hunger in Africa.
1 December 2006
WFP has welcomed a contribution of US$13 million from the Government of Japan to WFP’s emergency operation to assist the people of Sudan who have been affected by two decades of conflict.
30 November 2006
Fear and violence hold the people of the fertile Central African Republic hostage to hunger. Marcus Prior travels down a road of charred remains and looks at the great irony: how hunger and plenty can exist side by side.
- How equal rights boost food security Source: IRIN News
- 20,000 believed displaced after unrest in Sudan's Darfur Source: AFP/ GlobalPost
- Conflict in Darfur threatens humanitarian assistance in Sudan: WFP Source: Xinhua News Agency
- 'Real peace' elusive in Sudan's Darfur 10 years on Source: The Daily Star (Lebanon) / AFP
- Sudan Launches Major Dam to Boost Agricultural Production, Investment Source: The New York Times
- 22 April 2015 WFP Tackles Nutrition Issues in North Darfur
- 25 February 2015 WFP Food Vouchers, A Double Benefit In West Darfur