WFP's storage facility in Dodoma has capacity to hold up to 12,000 metric tons of grain.
Copyright: WFP/Tala Loubieh
How to get a consignment of maize from Tanzania to Somalia, some 2,000 kilometres away? This was one challenge facing the UN World Food Programme this year. Although both Somalia and Tanzania have sizeable coastlines and well-established ports, overland transport was the most viable option given geographical proximity of the maize to the people it was intended for.
- 6 March 2015 Shipping Tanzanian Maize To Somalia
- 5 March 2015 Holding Up The Sky
- 2 September 2014 'Zero Hunger: A World Without Hunger' By Child Artists
- 3 February 2014 Canada And REACH Are Securing The Future Of Children And Women
- 7 January 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 32
- 19 December 2013 Fighting Malnutrition in Tanzania
- 18 October 2013 Dancing for Nutrition in Tanzania
- 28 April 2015 By Road From Tanzania To Somalia
- 16 April 2015 Kingdom Of Saudi Arabia Supports WFP Refugee Operation In Tanzania
- 27 October 2014 Winning Vision Of World Without Hunger From Student In Tanzania