6 August 2012
25 June 2012
KAMPALA – Good news for farmers and weather watchers: the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) announced today that it is giving 14 automatic weather stations to the Ministry of Water and Environment. The high-tech sets, which come in boxes and are easily assembled, conduct an array of weather monitoring and forecasting tasks. Collected data will be available to both the Government and the private sector.
7 March 2012
A faithful donor to WFP's operations around the world, the Government of Japan is making another significant contribution towards programmes in Uganda.
9 January 2012
A new donation from the United States is expected to help WFP support the extremely vulnerable in Uganda's poorest region, Karamoja
19 December 2011
With the help of funding from Japan, the United States and Saudi Arabia, WFP has established a grain warehouse to help formely displaced people, who have returned to farming, to access quality grain markets in the region.
16 September 2011
The United Nations World Food Programme thanked the Government of Japan today for a donation of US$6.3 million towards livelihood support programmes in the Karamoja region.
12 July 2011
The drought afflicting the Horn of Africa region has left millions at the mercy of hunger, threatening the livelihoods of farmers and pastoralists, and putting the lives of hundreds of thousands of children at risk. Protecting the brains and bodies of young children, and pregnant and lactating women through special nutritional food is our top priority.
8 July 2011
WFP Spokesman, David Orr, on his return from Dadaab refugee camp in Kenya this week: “I met Somali women and children who had walked for weeks to reach the safety of refugee camps in Kenya.
8 July 2011
From mega-emergencies, such as the earthquake in Haiti or the floods in Pakistan, to headline-grabbing humanitarian crises, such as the conflicts in Cote d’Ivoire or Libya, the international community has stepped up to help those impacted by disaster and tragedy over the last few years.
29 June 2011
Desperate hunger is looming across the Horn of Africa and threatening the lives of millions who are struggling to survive in the face of rising food prices and conflict.
- Analysis: From emergency aid to early recovery in northern Uganda Source: IRIN
- Guns and hunger : How Karamoja escaped the Horn of Africa drought Source: The East African
- Uganda Leader Pledges Higher Food Production Source: The Wall Street Journal
- Hunger: harder times predicted for Uganda Source: The Observer (Uganda)
- Increased food prices: 8m Ugandans sleeping hungry Source: New Vision
- 12 February 2014 Family Flees To Uganda To Escape Violence In South Sudan
- 6 February 2014 Hungry Planet Episode 33
- 24 July 2013 WFP Reaches 15,000 New Congolese Asylum Seekers
- 18 June 2013 The Cost Of Hunger In Africa