Welcome to WFP’s new recipe series. Find out about the culinary abilities of a Jordanian mother who benefits from WFP’s cash-for-training programme that gives her a bit of an income while she gets equipped with new skills that will help her get a job.
Download the recipe!
1) Wash bulgur and soak in a bowl of water for 15 minutes.
2) Slice onions and deep fry in a pan using both olive and vegetable oil.
3) In a different pan, boil lentils until tender.
4) Then add bulgur to onions and lentils in a large pan and stir well.
5) Season with salt, pepper and cumin.
6) Pour two cups of water and bring to a boil then lower the heat and let it simmer for 30 minutes.
7) Fry more onions and sprinkle on top of the Mujadara as a garnish before serving.
8) Serve the Mujadara with sides of salad and yogurt.
Food assistance to most vulnerable households, eventually combined with professional training or community work aimed at building resilience and strengthening livelihoods.
WFP is implementing a Protracted Relief and Recovery Operation (PRRO) that started in April 2014 with the aim of addressing the short-term food needs of targeted vulnerable populations and protect their livelihoods.