Welcome to FamilyChef, the recipe series of the World Food Programme (WFP). Iron-rich sangrecita, quick and easy to prepare, is ideal for anyone suffering from anaemia.
Download the recipe!
Looking for more recipes? Visit our FamilyChef page
Chicken Blood Preparation
1) Place the blood into a strainer and clean impurities (feathers).
2) Proceed to wash thoroughly under running water.
3) Bring a pot of water to boil and then add the washed blood and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- If the chicken blood will be used for sweet preparations, add cinnamon and clove to the water.
- If used for savoury dishes added a sprig of mint or bay leaf to the water.
4) Strain the blood and use.
1) Cut off the top of the peppers and remove the seeds and veins.
2) In a pan fry the onion and garlic.
3) Add ground paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
4) Add chopped “sangrecita” (chicken blood).
5) Add boiled carrots and mix in the filling.
6) Fill the peppers with the preparation.
7) Top with a layer of cheese and cover with the lid.
8) Place the peppers in a pan with the remaining filling and add a splash of water for cooking (close the lid).