WFP experts on food systems available for media interviews
WFP works in over 80 countries repairing, sustaining and improving food systems for the world’s most vulnerable. WFP’s programmes support food production, protect livelihoods of smallholder farmers, help strengthen food supply chains, develop markets and improve the nutrition of schoolchildren. In fragile environments, WFP is working towards ensuring the food and nutrition needs of the vulnerable are met.
WFP experts available for interviews:
- Domenico Scalpelli – WFP’s Food Systems Summit Coordinator
- Carmen Burbano – WFP’s Head of School Feeding
- Gernot Laganda – WFP’s Chief of Climate and Disaster Risk Reduction
- Carlo Scaramella – WFP’s Country Director in Colombia
- Saskia De Pee – Senior Nutritionist, WFP
- Rupak Manvatkar – WFP’s Climate Action Advisor for Southern Africa
- Isabelle Mballa – WFP’s Regional Supply Chain Advisor for West Africa
# # #
The United Nations World Food Programme is the 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate. We are the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Follow us on Twitter @wfp_media