Online press briefing on global food crisis with Ministers from Germany, Norway, Niger and Lebanon
The event will be attended by:
- WFP Assistant Executive Director for Partnerships and Advocacy Ute Klamert
- Her Excellency Svenja Schulze, Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development of Germany
- Her Excellency Anne Beathe Tvinnereim, Minister of International Development of Norway
- His Excellency Laouan Magagi, Minister of Humanitarian Action and Disaster Management of Niger
- His Excellency Amin Salam, Minister of Economy and Trade of Lebanon
Journalists wishing to attend the conference, scheduled for approximately 13.00 CET on Monday 20 June, should register by sending an email with the word ‘REGISTRATION’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
The world is witnessing an unprecedented food crisis caused by the convergence of COVID-19, conflict, rising costs, the climate crisis, and now the ripple effect of the conflict in Ukraine. There is an urgent need to respond not only to immediate humanitarian needs but also to invest in longer term solutions that will prevent the next crisis.
To coordinate these efforts and respond in a concerted way the World Food Programme, Germany and Norway engage in the recently initiated Global Alliance for Food Security (GAFS) that brings together key donor countries and the most vulnerable and most affected countries, with key stakeholders from the United Nations system, philanthropists and civil society.
# # #
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization, saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability and prosperity for people recovering from conflict, disasters and the impact of climate change.
Follow us on Twitter @wfp_media