The Evaluation Quality Assurance System (EQAS) is a comprehensive system covering all types of evaluations managed by WFP:
- Centralized evaluations, those commissioned and managed by the Office of Evaluation, which include strategic, policy, country strategic plan, corporate emergency and synthesis evaluations.
- Decentralized evaluations, those commissioned and managed by WFP country offices, regional bureaux and HQ divisions.
EQAS builds on the norms and standards of the United Nations Evaluation Group, the OECD-DAC Evaluation Network, related tools from the Active Learning Network for Accountability and Performance (ALNAP), and the wider evaluation literature and community of practice.
EQAS is composed by a series of guidance for process and content organized by evaluation types. It provides guidance and quality standards on:
- Each step in the evaluation process, to ensure transparency and a systematic way of working across evaluation teams
- The structure of evaluation deliverables, to ensure comprehensive coverage of the evaluation subject, and systematic, comparable reporting
- Expected quality standards, including criteria for quality assurance
- Specific aspects of an evaluation process or detailed guidance on aspects of the methodology through detailed Technical Notes
- TN on planning and conducting evaluations during COVID-19
- TN on evaluation approaches, methods and tools for decentralized evaluations EN | FR | ES
- TN on principles, norms and standards for evaluations EN | ES | FR
- TN on joint evaluation EN | FR | ES
- TN on stakeholder analysis EN | FR | ES
- TN on evaluation matrix EN | FR | ES
- TN on criteria and questions EN | FR | ES
- TN on integrating gender in WFP evaluations EN | FR | ES, Checklist EN | FR | ES, Quick Guide EN | FR | ES
- TN on quality of evaluation recommendations
- TN on Decentralized Evaluation types
CEQAS is the 'how-to' for centralized evaluations. DEQAS is the 'how-to' for decentralized evaluations.