The evaluation was commissioned by the Independent Office of Evaluation to provide evaluative evidence for accountability and learning to inform the design of the next WFP CSP in the State of Palestine. It covers WFP activities implemented from 2018 to February 2022.
The evaluation was conducted between September 2021 and June 2022 to assess WFP’s strategic positioning and role and the extent to which WFP made the strategic shift expected by the CSP; WFP’s contributions to strategic outcomes; efficiency and factors that explained WFP performance.
It concluded that:
- WFP achieved strong results in a challenging context and made progress towards achieving the CSP strategic outcomes in terms of output and outcome delivery. Its monitoring and analysis helped WFP to make the strategic shifts set out in the CSP and to adapt to the changing context.
- WFP’s choice to move most of its support to e-vouchers was useful as it created efficiencies. The country office operated effectively within a range of collaborative partnerships with UN agencies and civil society organizations. Its service delivery platform helped UN agencies ‘Deliver as One’, facilitating complementarity, cost-effectiveness, and results.
- WFP played a role in stabilizing and supporting conditions for peace, particularly in Gaza. WFP’s support to basic needs contributed to social stability. Gender and protection were integrated within the CSP and were effectively mainstreamed operationally.
- Whilst the cessation of funding from WFP’s largest donor had a dramatic impact, to its credit, WFP responded rapidly and was able to mitigate the impact on beneficiaries.
- Few of WFP’s achievements to date will be sustained without continued engagement and investment. Donor fatigue is increasing, and the economic downturn due to COVID-19 in donor countries and new humanitarian crises will also limit resource availability.
|Summary evaluation report||
PDF | 389.74 KB Download
PDF | 1.33 MB Download
PDF | 465.33 KB Download
|Summary evaluation report (Arabic)||
PDF | 633.34 KB Download
PDF | 211.38 KB Download
|Respuesta de la dirección||
PDF | 221.41 KB Download
|Management response (Arabic)||
PDF | 291.95 KB Download
|Summary terms of reference||
PDF | 1.53 MB Download
|Terms of reference||
PDF | 1.53 MB Download