More than 40 percent of the average household’s expenditure goes towards food while the poorest families spend more than half their budgets on food. Copyright: WFP/Marco Frattini
CAIRO – Poverty and food insecurity in Egypt have risen significantly over the last three years according to joint reports released today by the UN World Food Programme (WFP), the government’s Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMAS) and the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- 2 August 2012 School Meals in Egypt, a Step towards Development
- 26 July 2012 Sami Yusuf Ramadan video
- 4 August 2011 WFP Delivers Food For Ramadan
- 19 May 2011 A Dollar A Day-Egypt
- 1 April 2011 Hungry Planet: Episode 3
- 21 July 2010 The Life of Egypt: Journey of the Baladi Bread
- 29 March 2010 This is no ordinary bread!
- 4 March 2010 Food in the desert