Stunted children have a higher grade repetition rate. In Egypt, grade repetition cost the country 271 million Egyptian Pounds. Copyright: WFP/Laure Melo
CAIRO - Egypt lost an estimated 20.3 billion Egyptian pounds (US$3.7 billion) or 1.9 percent of Gross Domestic Product in 2009 as a result of child undernutrition, according to a study launched today in Cairo.
- 4 June 2013 Poverty And Food Insecurity In Egypt On The Rise
- 2 August 2012 School Meals in Egypt, a Step towards Development
- 26 July 2012 Sami Yusuf Ramadan video
- 4 August 2011 WFP Delivers Food For Ramadan
- 19 May 2011 A Dollar A Day-Egypt
- 1 April 2011 Hungry Planet: Episode 3
- 21 July 2010 The Life of Egypt: Journey of the Baladi Bread
- 29 March 2010 This is no ordinary bread!
|Beneficiary needs (mt)||16,612|
|Beneficiary needs ($US)||22,465,744|