President Ernest Bai Koroma (white cap) and WFP Representative Gon Myers (blue cap) visit WFP’s logistics hub in Port Loko.
Copyright: WFP/Djaounsede Pardon Madjiangar
In Sierra Leone, government authorities and humanitarian actors are fully engaged at all levels in the fight against Ebola. On 16 November, President Ernest Bai Koroma visited WFP logistics hub in Port Loko district. This forward logistics base has been constructed in support of the United Nations Mission for the Ebola Emergency Response(UNMEER) to accommodate the influx of supplies needed to scale-up Ebola response in rural areas.
- 17 December 2014 Ebola Leaves Hundreds of Thousands Facing Hunger (For the Media)
- 27 November 2014 'Why I Came To Help Fight Ebola'
- 20 November 2014 Sierra Leone: Ebola Survivors Share Their Stories
- 19 November 2014 Sierra Leone: President Koroma Visits WFP Logistics Hub
- 13 November 2014 Ebola Survivors (For the Media)
- 12 November 2014 'I Am An Ebola Survivor, This Is My Story'
- 11 December 2014 Former Aid Recipient Now Distributes Food In Fight Against Ebola
- 18 November 2014 Sierra Leone President Calls For Concerted Effort To Overcome Ebola
- 12 November 2014 Ebola Response: 10 Things You Should Know About The Logistics Cluster
- Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone - Special mVAM Regional Bulletin #2: In spite of seasonal declines, negative coping remains high in areas exposed to EVD, December 2014
- Seasonal Monitor
- Impact of West Africa Ebola Outbreak on Food Security and Staple Food Prices
- WFP West Africa Ebola Outbreak Situation Report #16, 10 December 2014