President Ernest Bai Koroma (white cap) and WFP Representative Gon Myers (blue cap) visit WFP’s logistics hub in Port Loko.
Copyright: WFP/Djaounsede Pardon Madjiangar
In Sierra Leone, government authorities and humanitarian actors are fully engaged at all levels in the fight against Ebola. On 16 November, President Ernest Bai Koroma visited WFP logistics hub in Port Loko district. This forward logistics base has been constructed in support of the United Nations Mission for the Ebola Emergency Response(UNMEER) to accommodate the influx of supplies needed to scale-up Ebola response in rural areas.
- 20 January 2015 Sierra Leone: Love In The Age Of Ebola
- 17 December 2014 Ebola Leaves Hundreds of Thousands Facing Hunger (For the Media)
- 27 November 2014 'Why I Came To Help Fight Ebola'
- 20 November 2014 Sierra Leone: Ebola Survivors Share Their Stories
- 19 November 2014 Sierra Leone: President Koroma Visits WFP Logistics Hub
- 13 November 2014 Ebola Survivors (For the Media)
- 12 November 2014 'I Am An Ebola Survivor, This Is My Story'
- WFP West Africa Ebola Situation Report #29, 12 June 2015
- Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone - Food Insecurity on the Rise as Ebola Abates, June 2015
- Revolutionizing Data Collection - World Food Programme and Nielsen Use Scalable Mobile Surveys in Today's Changing Technological Landscape, June 2015
- Liberia and Sierra Leone - mVAM Regional Bulletin #7: Coping improves significantly in Liberia and Sierra Leone, May 2015