The evaluation was commissioned by the independent Office of Evaluation to provide evaluative evidence for accountability and learning to inform the design of the next country strategic plan (CSP) in Peru. It covers WFP activities implemented between 2017 and July 2021.
The evaluation assessed continuity from the previous programme cycle, the extent to which the CSP introduced strategic shifts and implications for such shifts for performance and results. It concluded that:
- The CSP multi-stakeholder and interdisciplinary approach combining nutrition, food security, and disaster risk reduction and response proved to be highly relevant to the national priorities in the framework the Agenda 2030.
- WFP largely achieved expected results and demonstrated effective response to unforeseen humanitarian crises.
- The Country Office implemented an innovative and creative strategy to facilitate public private partnerships and designed a model to leverage its role as evidence-based policy advocate.
- The CSP contributed to improving public policies design and management in the areas of nutrition, social protection and risk management with a sustainable perspective.
- WFP contributed to the triple nexus, but there is scope for framing it in a comprehensive and strategic approach based on complementarity and coherence with other stakeholders.
- WFP demonstrated agility and responsiveness in the implementation of the CSP whose strategic focus flexibly adapted to emerging needs and priorities, allowing to optimize windows of opportunity
- While the technical and political capacity of the Country Office staff clearly stands out as a critical factor for success, there is room for further strengthening technical expertise and improve knowledge management.
|Summary evaluation report||
PDF | 694.93 KB Download
PDF | 922.34 KB Download
PDF | 666.22 KB Download
|Summary evaluation report (Arabic)||
PDF | 837.09 KB Download
PDF | 204.71 KB Download
|Réponse de la direction||
PDF | 172.08 KB Download
|Respuesta de la dirección||
PDF | 151.07 KB Download
|Management response (Arabic)||
PDF | 221 KB Download
|Post-hoc quality assessment||
PDF | 121.7 KB Download
|Terms of reference||
PDF | 4.01 MB Download
|Summary terms of reference||
PDF | 121.03 KB Download