The endline evaluation followed a baseline assessment conducted in April 2018. The evaluation was intended for both accountability and learning purposes. It focused on assessing the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact and sustainability of the LRP Programme.
Key recommendations from the evaluation included :
- Recommendation 1. Continue to advocate with the MoE leadership on the importance of school feeding.
- Recommendation 2. WFP and MoE to develop a position paper on key decisions and evidence that have led to the cash-based modality of Home-Grown School Meals Programme.
- Recommendation 3. WFP and the MoE to consider ways to support improvements in the MoE’s in-kind procurement and delivery system.
- Recommendation 4. WFP to continue to work with county/sub-county governments to support farmers, Farmer organizations and market system improvement in general.
- Recommendation 5. WFP to continue to work with MoH on school health and nutrition related work.