Samutela receiving his food from one of the volunteers who help prepare the school meals.
Copyright: WFP/Kingfred Mubinde
In 2002/3, when Zambia suffered one of its worst droughts, the World Food Programme worked with the country's Ministry of Education to re-start school feeding. Initially, the programme reached only 10,000 school children in five districts. Just over a decade later, some 860,000 children in over 2,000 schools are now receiving school meals on a daily basis.
- 11 October 2012 First Lady of Zambia Dr. Christine Kaseba Sata
- 15 December 2011 Small Scale Farmers Taking Farming As Serious Business
- 22 November 2011 Food Relief for Refugees in Zambia
- 6 July 2011 WFP Zambia - Mobile Delivery & Tracking System
- 6 July 2011 WFP Zambia - P4P Tractors
- 29 June 2011 Milk For Schools In Zambia
- 21 June 2011 Home Grown School Feeding Programme Launch
- 14 June 2011 Walk the World 2011- Zambia
|Beneficiary needs (mt)||8,955|
|Beneficiary needs ($US)||8,325,124|
- 17 March 2014 Government Support Means School Meals Continue To Boost Learning In Zambia
- 2 December 2013 Farming Equipment Helps Communities In Zambia
- 26 November 2013 Zambia's Smallholder Farmers Flourish With Purchase For Progress